Friday, March 22, 2013

Canadian Angler Hall of Fame Welcomes Rick Morgan





I though it was only prudent to take a minute out of my busy day to congratulate my friend and fellow angler Rick Morgan on his induction into the Canadian Angler Hall of Fame. It is an honour that was a long time coming but well deserved.


For those of you that don't know Rick (or never shared a boat with him) he has been a long time advocate for (us) the Anglers and outdoors men of Ontario. Not only was he the executive vice-president of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) but he was also the host of the TV program "Angler and Hunter TV" (on the air since 1993). Rick lives and breaths fishing, to this day he is still very active in getting the word out on issues important to anglers in Ontario, not a week goes by when I don't get an email from Rick informing me on some impending changes in the industry (good and bad). In his down time he can still be found on the water, fishing in tournaments or just for fun. Just last season he and his tournament partner (Brian) took home a few nice cheques during some events I struggled in. 
 Now I don't claim to know Rick very well, as we are relatively new friends, but we have shared a boat and fished against each other in a few tournaments. Last year I was lucky enough to be invited on a trip with Rick to tackle Lake Erie as well as another northern NY Lake. I learned a lot while in the boat with him (including patience as I watched him pitch to a single stump for well over 30 minutes, only to then be rewarded with a 6lber) and I guess I must have passed the test as I was invited back again this year. I'm honoured that the above image (taken by yours truly) was used are part of his induction ceremony as well as in one of the below articles.

If you would like to learn more about Rick or the other 2013 Inductees, please check out one of the below links to articles covering the ceremony

Outdoorcanada Article

My Kawartha Article


Again, I want to congratulate  Rick and his fellow 2013 inductees on this huge honour.


 (Image borrow from OutDoor Canada)

2012 Inductees (left to right): Phil Morlock, Rick Morgan, Will Wegman (Arora BassMasters)

No comments:

Post a Comment