Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Booyah Keeps things Crashing in 2013 with the Pad Crasher Jr and Poppin Pad Crasher



It has been about 2 years since Booyah came crashing into the hollow body frog scene with their "Pad Crasher" frog, a super soft yet durable frog that rivals any other currently being produced. This year, they have added two new frogs to their line-up, including the Pad Crasher Jr. and the Poppin Pad Crasher

In their first go-round in the frog market, Booyah did everything right, they designed a hollow body frog that collapses incredibly well, yet is tuff enough to take the abuse that both the angler and the fish will  throw at it. Furthermore they met the "realistic"standards set by their closest competitor (Live Target) and then proceeded to destroy them on pricing (a quality hollow body frog under $10!). I have said it before and Ill say it again, the Booyah Pad Crasher is the best dollar for dollar frog on the market today





The Pad Crasher Jr.


One of the fastest growing trends in the hollow-body frog market is what I call "froglets", these baby, Jr or mini versions of a standard hollow-body frog drive early and late season bass crazy. They offer a snack sized meal for fish looking for an easy bite. They also allow the fish to get more of the frog in its mouth, thus providing a better and higher hook-up ratio.



The Pad Crasher Jr, takes everything that was right about the original Pad Crasher and downsizes it.  It's smaller 2" frame still provides the classic frog profile, yet causes less commotion when the bite gets tough. Weighing in a 1/4 oz, the Pad Crasher Jr is half the weight of its bigger brother but will still give you the ability to cast it with ease on bait-casting or spinning gear (for the weak at heart). 

I have been using small to medium sized frogs for a few seasons now, and they have been producing extremely well for me. I have already made room in my primary frog box for the Pad Crasher Jr, as I know it will be getting a serious workout this season.






Poppin Pad Crasher


As an avid hollow body fisherman it took me some time to get into the popping hollow body craze, "I'm a traditionalist" I told myself, but what it really boils down to is that I'm stubborn and picky. (most fisherman are). What I wanted and was not able to find in most popping baits was the ability to move, walk,slide and glide like a traditional hollow-body and then make it "pop" on demand.

The first thing I noticed about the Booyah Poppin Pad Crasher  was that the mouth was slightly raised so it does not sit flush on the water. If I want to "walk it", keeping the rod tip up I should be able to move this frog with ease. Then when it's time to "pop-it", a quick rod jerk will drive the frogs mouth down into the water and give you that loud  "pop and spit" action that was promised.






 The Poppin Pad Crasher simply put is the traditional Pad Crasher with a nose job. It comes in at the same 1/2oz of weight allowing for great casting distance in most if not all conditions. Unlike the Pad Crasher Jr, that quiets things down, the Popping pad crasher was designed to liven things up, and make as much commotion as possible.. objective complete

The colour choices for the entire line of Pad Crasher is pretty impressive. I really like the addition of the two shad colours for the Poppin Pad Crasher, as nothing says says "busting shad" like a nice shiny popper.


I cant wait to get both of these new frogs on the water this season, if you want to get your hands on one early (like I did) you may want to head on over to Lurenet to check out the full collection. 




No comments:

Post a Comment