Monday, June 9, 2014

Saying Goodbye - A Photo Journal dedicated to my Grandfather.



On June 5th, 2014 at a little after 3pm my family and I said goodbye to my Grandfather, Francis "Mervyn" Owen. He was 85 years young and one of the most influential people in my life.

There is not much I can say about my grandfather that these pictures don't already tell you. He was an outdoors man who loved life, a stiff drink and his family. He along with my father  put a fishing rod firmly in my hand and taught my all the things a man was suppose to do. From the time I was 6 years old he has lived in a small apartment in my parents home, always there for me when needed.

I hope you take a moment to look through the below images and help me remember "Marvellous Merv" the way I think he would want to be remembered 















As my aunts, uncles and cousins crowded into my grandfathers small apartment, they were all looking for one thing, that thing that reminded them most of him, who he was and what he meant to them. I knew what I wanted, and it wasn't in his apartment. So I slipped away from the crowd and headed to the garage, and there in the corner where it has always been was his fishing rod, still rigged up and ready to hit the water





For more images you can check out this link, an awesome slide show created by my cousin. HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment