Saturday, June 21, 2014

BASS SEASON 2014 is NOW OPEN!



Yeah, its been a litte quiet around here this past winter, but with Bass Season now in full swing things will really start to pick up.  Like many of you I have some lofty goals for this season, and hope you will read along as I share my achievements and the odd failures. Here is what I hope to achieve in 2014


Goals:


1) Fish 10 different lakes

This year a trip and lake counter will be added to my posts. My goal is to fish at least 10 different bodies of water, with 1-2 new lakes added in that I have never fished previously (or at lest not in the past 10 years)


2) Fish all 3 Days of the Kingston Open

As you know this year I'm fulfilling a bucket list event, by fishing in the Kingston Canadian open. This is a 3 day event, but there is a cut, and only anglers who make the cut will get the chance to fish on day 3.. my goal is to be on stage at the end of day 3 and not watching from the stands


3) Make it 7 straight years catching at least 1 or more 5-pound fish

If you have read this blog for any length of time you should have noticed the small thumbnail images on the right hand side that include dates.These are the 5lb+ fish I have caught over the past few season and if I'm able to land one in 2014 it will make it 7 straight seasons with a 5-lb fish under my belt


4) Learn to fish swim baits 

each season I make it a goal to learn a new bait or technique, this year will be the year of the swim bait, both hard and soft. Believe me there will be some trail and error here but bear with me as I try to advance my skills and knowledge.




alright, enough talk, its time to get fishing




No comments:

Post a Comment