Thursday, September 6, 2012

5 Lakes in 10 Days 2012: Photo Journal



There are many different events or trips that take place each  year, a few of them have become annual events or traditions, this trip is one of those things. Taking place the week prior to labour day my 10 day 5 Lake vacation usually includes 1 tournament (Limerick this year) and then a visit to  4 more lakes over the 10 day span.

yes, my wife puts up with a lot, and usually comes with me on most of these trips. Hitting the water just after 9am each day we fish until 3pm then head in for an afternoon nap, some dinner and then back on the lake from 6pm till dark (just before 9). This happens every day for 10 days straight. I use this time not only to relax but also to break in new baits, and also get back out into my canoe for a bit, the vessel I fished from the first half of my life.

Below are a collection of pics taken over the 10 Day 5 Lake span


Dobyns DX744 & War Eagle Screaming Eagle Spinnerbait




Dobyns 735c & Zoom UltraVibe Craw







Dobyns SS705C and a Cavatron Buzzbait



Dobyns SS704C and a Cavatron Buzzbait



                                         Dobyns SS704C and a Cavatron Buzzbait


Dobyns 736c & Deps Slither K



                                                        Dobyns 736c & Deps Slither K



Dobyns 703DXSF El Grande 5" Gila Monster




Dobyns 705CBRM, IMA Squarebill




Dobyns 705CBRM, IMA Squarebill


Dobyns DX703SF El Grande Lures 5" Gila Monster



                                                          Dobyns 705CBRM, IMA Squarebill

Dobyns 705CBRM, IMA Squarebill


Dobyns DX703SF El Grande Lures 5" Gila Monster


As always this trip was a blast, I fell into a funk using a few baits as they were clearly out producing the others. The Z-Hog by zoom was my go to bait for flipping at timber lay downs, and the Cavitron buzzbait was by far the most effective top water bait. although I did have issues with my buzzbait and lost multiple large smallmouth right at the boat

When it came to flipping pads and grass the fish were looking for a smaller bite and they ate up the 5" El Grande Gila Monster slightly weighted with an Elite Tungsten 1/4oz.

My frog of choice was the Deps Slither K, I put this bait on to give it a work out for an upcoming review on the Frog Pond, and it produced so well I used it all week long. The first 8 fish that blew up on this bait were hooked and landed, the first miss took place on a short strike close to the boat that surprised me and I'll take the blame for the miss as I did not give the fish time to take it

Im going to finish off this photo journal with a pic of my wife's smiling uncle. He loves to fish for smallmouth and he likes the jumps more the fight itself so it is always an adventure. Here he is with a beauty he hooked into on day 2 of my trip. This is a new personal best for him, caught from a canoe with no net handy, it was a great battle





No comments:

Post a Comment