Monday, January 16, 2012

January Recipe: Easy Superbowl Chili


                      

This recipe was passed my way by a co-worker after a recent work place potluck. I was super impressed by the taste, and when he gave me the recipe I couldn't think of a better quick Chili recipe for Superbowl sunday or for out on the ice.
To me, the perfect chili for Superbowl Sunday, or for when your out on the ice comes down to using the least amount of tools, and an almost no measure recipe. So thats what we have here, a quick and easy recipe that will have you back on the ice or watching the big game befor you know it.

Ingredients:
1lb Ground Beef
l lb Ground Italian Sausage (I use Johnsonville as it is readily available) 
1 Jar Salsa (I use Pace as it is my favorite)
2 Cans Aylmer's diced Tomatoes (Spicy or Chili version)
1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
2 Packs of Club House Chili Powder (1 x Hot, 1 x Mild)
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Jalapeno Peppers



Ok, as I said, this is quick and easy.. grab your frying pan and fry up the ground beef and the Italian sausage, drain some but not all of the fat and toss the meat into your crock pot.

Open the Jar of Salsa and toss it in with the ground meet. Next toss in the tomatoes.. I like to blend up one of the cans to add some more liquid, but if you like your chili thicker, then dont bother blending. 

Mix in the chili power, and both cans of beans. If you like a lot of bean in your chili you can add a 3rd can, but for me.. two is enough.

Last but not least is the Jalapeno and garlic, you can quick chop with your knife, but if you already have the blender out, why not use it and blend them up. (add more of each depending on your own tastes).

Lastly.. add some cracked black pepper and let it stew together for a minimum of 2 hours. Me I like to get in 8 hours so the flavors really blend. 



Once ready to serve this chili goes well with a few traditional sides. Obviously cheddar cheese (the older the better) and some bread and butter and the main stays here. But since there is some salsa in this recipe and we are talking about SuperBowl sunday, try it with some corn chips, this nice thick chili stands up well on chips... there you have it, quick and easy, and great to take with you out on the ice, or to share with friends while you take in the big game




No comments:

Post a Comment