Friday, February 22, 2013

Rapala Scatter Rap.. A Marketing Campaign Win and another Angler hooked




I don't know about you, but I woke up this morning to a very interesting email from Rapala announcing the launch of their all new "Scatter Rap" series of baits, I opened the email (like I always do) and was immediately confronted by a face shot of the Scatter Rap (see above) in all it's glory. This crazy looking lip had fully caught my attention and not a moment too soon, as I, like most of you am quick to delete this kind of email if it can't catch my attention within seconds

Rapala not only caught my attention but got me "scrolling" and before I knew it 10 minutes later Im still reading and watching videos on the Scatter Rap, a bait I know I will soon own a few models of.

I love how Rapala focused the add on the bait itself and did not get all caught up in "saying to much" the images and videos speak for themselves,  Ike and Al Linder can speak to Anglers like no copy writer ever could.  The Videos are short and concise but ensure you get the important points. I love that a separate video was shot for each bait in the series, I'm a countdown minnow guy, but not a shad rap guy, so showing me how a shad-rap swims does nothing for me, and would have turned me off, but instead I watched the videos on the baits I use, and was then interested enough to go back and watch the videos on the baits I don't usually throw. The Videos include what I like to call the money shop which is a down view shot of the bait swimming next to a tradition bait (no scatter lip) it really shows the watcher how well this bait will hunt and how different it is.

In case you are not on the Rapala Mailing list, here are a couple videos from the advertising campaign.








Not everything in this short campaign could be considered a win for Rapala, the baits themselves are not going to be available for a few weeks, and that is a pet peeve of mine, as after  reading the email and watching the videos I already planned a trip to my local tackle shop to make a purchase this weekend, but then noticed they are only available in pre-sale.. I like many in my generation have a short attention span, and there is a good chance I will see many great new baits over the next 3 weeks while awaiting the launch of the Scatter-Raps, so I have to wonder, 3 weeks from now will I still be as excited about this bait? only time will tell, but for now, all I can say is congrats and thanks to Rapala for getting this ice locked Canadian Bass fisherman excited for the upcoming season

To check out the full email campaign click HERE, it looks great on PC's and Smart Phones alike

If you are into the pre-sale scene then you can head on over to the following sites and place your other today:

Tackle Warehouse (March 7)

Land Big Fish (Late March)





3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of this crankbait. I'm going to have to get me a few! Thanks Bass Junky for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend some time each summer troling cranks from my canoe, I think the scatter rap crank will be the perfect bait for that

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete